How well do you sleep? Do you generally sleep peacefully?
Today, I would like to share 7 bible verses to declare that will help you to sleep peacefully.
I recommend these passages for those who suffer from insomnia, shallow sleepers and those who often see nightmares.
I was struggling and fighting with anxiety and the lies of the enemy for 7 years.
During that time, my mom encouraged me to declare Bible verses over myself. Instead of negative thoughts, I would declare the exact opposite positive words over myself.
Ever since then I still declare positive words over myself every morning and my thought patterns have changed.
Do you know that words have power?
“So is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.”Isaiah 55:11
When Jesus went back to heaven, he gave us the amazing gift of the Holy Spirit—He now lives inside of us! That’s why when we speak His words, it has the power and authority to accomplish what we spoke.
When I was struggling with fear and depression I couldn’t sleep. But when I began to declare these Bible verses just before going to sleep each night, I was able to sleep through the night in peace!
So, I encourage you to declare these Bible verses over yourself before you go to sleep.
- When I lie down, I will not be afraid, when I lie down, my sleep will be sweet. (Proverbs 3:24)
- Peace You leave with me, Your peace You give me. You do not give to me as the world gives. I will not let my hearts be troubled and I will not be afraid. (John 14:27)
- For God will never give me a spirit of fear, but the Holy Spirit who gives me mighty power, love, and self-control. (2 Timothy 1:7 TPT)
- …for He gives to His beloved sleep. (Psalm 127:2 ESV)
- When I am afraid, I will trust in you. (Psalm 56:3)
- I will lie down and sleep in peace, for You alone, O Lord make me dwell in safety. (Psalm 4:8)
- I will not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, I will present my requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard my hearts and my minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7)
Please let me know if this helps you – we would love to hear your testimony of God’s Word and His power. Also if there’s someone around you who struggles with sleep, please share these Bible verses with them.
Written by Mariya Hosomi