FREEDOM40 Vision Meeting
Vision, testimonies, Q&A, etc. (mostly in Japanese.)
Tuesday, 20 September 2022, 21:00-22:00, on ZOOM.
ZOOM link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82806530178?pwd=d2t2ZXBvVzRqdjE5bmxqZEFkU201dz09
Meeting ID: 828 0653 0178 Passcode: 192994
FREEDOM40 start date: Saturday 1 October 2022
Tuesday, 27 September 2022, 21:00-22:00, on ZOOM.
We will gather those who have committed to do FREEDOM40 and plan for the start date.
- Craft a vision and commit to it for the 40 days, and beyond.
- Take an honest assessment of your life before God and your brothers;
- Articulate clear reasons and goals for change and growth:
- Why do you want to change?
- Who do you want to change for?
- What specifically do you want to change?
- How will you plan to achieve these goals?
Without vision men perish. (Proverbs 29:18)
It often takes a crisis in life to force us to reevaluate priorities. We are going to preempt any crisis by clearly defining our life vision according to God and His word, and then help each other to make the necessary changes now for a lifetime of growth and fruitfulness.
- Commit to spending 60 minutes a day connecting to God through prayer and scripture, including 20 minutes of silent meditation.
- Read the devotion, memorize the shout, discover God through His Word.
Jesus said “Remain in me and you will bear much fruit.” John 15:5
Your success in ridding yourself of weeds, becoming good soil, and living a fruitful life will be directly related to how you prioritize and develop your connection to God.
How, where and when do you connect to God? During the challenge you will commit to finding a rhythm in regular connection to God.
- Commit to 1-2 other men to share this journey with.
- Share daily with your brothers and meet weekly.
“How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity! … there the Lord commands a blessing.” Psalm 133
God commands His blessing and grace to us as we nurture consistent and vulnerable relationships based on a mutual pursuit of Him.
Modern men are becoming more and more isolated in pride and dysfunction; many Christian men included. We will go against the flow to establish patterns of connection with brothers that will become lifelong standards for relating to men as Spirit-brothers.
- Commit to the set disciplines:
- Take a cold shower daily.
- Food: fast three meals or one day a week; abstain from sweets, desserts, snacking between meals, sweetened drinks and alcohol.
- Media: abstain from all screens, SNS, media etc. (except work/study related.)
- Exercise regularly.
- Add any personal discipline goals of your own.
“They are not of the world, even as I am not of it.” John 17:16
God calls us to live in the world yet not to belong to it. We have already been seated with Christ in heavenly places, in Christ Jesus, and our citizenship is in heaven.
Physical disciplines do not gain us brownie points with God! However, they have an essential role in training our flesh so to submit to our spirits so we can live fully free and fully alive. In balance with our vision, God-connection and brotherhood, the disciplines will become lifelong habits to position us to be good-soil for His glory.